quarta-feira, 9 de abril de 2014

Estreia Como "Contributor"

Aqui, com um post chamado "Oh Me!"
 
Talking about me is a huge challenge, i´m just a normal person. I’m 45 years old, I’m Portuguese, and I was born in a town called Santarem, known as the Gothic capital, famous for the numerous churches, the castle and many other historical monuments as well as its gastronomy (the most important festival in the country takes place there ).
I Lived many years in the capital of my country (where I studied and started working) and in 2009 I come to live and work at Alcobaça, a beautiful and friendly town, which is mainly known for its Monastery, which was rated in 1989 UNESCO World Heritage. Appart from the monastery there are several monuments whose visit is mandatory, and there are many beaches around here
The food (especially the convent sweets – based on eggs and sugar) leave no one indifferent and every year there is a festival dedicated to this art. Alcobaça is also known because of “ginja” (an alcoholic beverage made with sour cherries), which I believe to be the best in the world …
Back to me and although a degree in Economics and having worked for several years in the financial sector, what fulfills me is writing, I think I started writing in my head before learning how to do it using a pen and a paper … I write about what? – Essentially about my great passions: Music, film, literature, poetry (sometimes I write my own “poems” …) economy, politics and sport (where football and F1 are my beloved themes – Recently I start to write as a guest blogger for a passionate F1 blogger).
I am currently in transition in my professional career, which allows me to have more free time to write and read, indeed, I can hardly separate this two things … Every day I “feed” my modest “corner” – it´s the nick name of my blog (created in November 2007 – till now i´ve posted more than 10 thousand articles), whose title is seaalmanaoepequena, which results from the sentence se a alma não é pequena, which is an excerpt from a poem by Fernando Pessoa – Mar Português (Portuguese Sea) , published in 1934, that means “if the soul isn´t small” (in my opinion the best ever Portuguese poet and one of the great masters of world poetry, alongside with names like Joyce, Yeats, Rilke, Keats, Whitman, Poe and many others).
I´m one amateur writer, all I do is just the expression of my passion, even though many times I just write for myself.
Final note: Felicia, thanks a lot for the opportunity you gave me.
Santarem_castle
alcobaça_monastery
Fernando Pessoa_poet

1 comentário:

Anónimo disse...

Foste muito corajoso e por isso envio-te um beijinho.
Falaste da tua cidade e da cidade que te acolhe com muita classe.

beijinhos

ML