terça-feira, 30 de maio de 2023

Música - Drive, She Said


Um original de The Big Heat, Stan Ridgway ao vivo em 2007 

Sittin' right behind me I could smell her perfumeIt was something I smelled beforeWent through a red light while I spilled my drinkI could feel something sticky on the floorI said, "Miss you gotta tell me where yo want to go to,I can't keep driving 'round the same block."Then I crumpled my cup and pulled the gum off my shoeAnd then she told me,"Just shut up and keep your eyes on the ruad...CHORUSAnd just drive, " she said"Just drive, " she saidWell, I watched her grip her hands on the bag in her lapWhile I scratched the bald spot on my headI knew then that my cab was just a getaway carBut I shut up and drove like she saidI took a bite off my donut then I offered her oneI said, "Lady, are you in a fix?"Then she reached in her purse and she pulled out a gun and said,"Now, just shut up and keep your hands on the wheel...CHORUSAnd then the moon disappeared and it started to rainSo I turned the windshield wipers on fullAnd on the bag in her lap I saw the name of a big bank downtownAnd I said, "YOu don't have to worry about me..."And when I turned the headlights on,Just for a minute I thought I saw the both of usOn some kinda tropical island someplaceWalkin' down a white sandy beach eatin' something...CHORUSWe pulled out of traffic down a dark side streetShe was fixin' her hair in the mirrorI made a left turn at a yellow lightDrove my cab fast towards the pierShe boarded the boat and turned and blew me a kissand leter on when the squad cars came 'roundI ate a handful 'a peanuts and then I told 'em this"I don't remember much...Just keep your haands on the wheel, and just drive, she said."

Sem comentários: